The health navigator works with people living with a chronic health condition to help them navigate the local health system, access local supports and learn new skills and set goals to self-manage their chronic health condition/s.
Who can this service help?
This program helps people who need support accessing local or specialist health services. This service also supports people who have recently had a hospital stay or visit to the hospital emergency department because of problems relating to their chronic health condition.
How does this service help you?
Our Health Navigator will work closely with you and your local hospital or doctor, family and other health care services. We provide a range of support including:
- Regular meetings with you face-to-face or via telephone
- Education, support and motivation to self-manage your chronic health condition
- Linking you in with local health services such as dietitians, diabetes educators or podiatrists
- Working with you to set goals to improve your health outcomes
- Meeting with your regular doctor or hospital if you are admitted into hospital
- Support for attending any health appointments, including Telehealth appointments
- Liaising with your family or carer if required
How do I access this service?
Contact one of our friendly Allied Health team members on (08) 9192 7888 or email email@example.com to find out more about this service.
Cost of Services
Our government-funded services are currently free-of-charge for eligible clients.