Hack your Nervous System
HACK your nervous system is a weekly program that allows you to experience scientifically proven techniques to use your body to positively influence your mood and emotions.
Download the course information flyer here.
Benefits of HACK
You will learn techniques to alter your nervous system, including to:
- calm and soothe when feeling stressed and worried
- raise energy levels when feeling lethargic and unmotivated
- balance your tired body and wired mind
- let go of unhelpful thoughts and relax when trying to get to sleep
Techniques you will learn during HACK classes
- Breath techniques – diaphragmatic breath, different ratios of inhalation and exhalation
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Restorative yoga – supporting the body using bolsters, blocks, blankets in positions designed to release tension and increase relaxation
- EFT Tapping (Emotional Freedom Technique)
- Stretching and movement of areas where tension, stress and trauma can be stored
- Using your senses – music, soft blankets, eye pillows, essential oils
Who can attend HACK?
Anyone referred to Boab Health Services by a GP for mental health counselling is eligible to join this program and attend up to eight free sessions.
What if I do not have a GP referral?
It is possible to self-refer. Please contact us for a referral form.
When is the course held?
This course is held each Tuesday at 5.30 pm and runs for 1.5 hours.
What do I need to wear and bring?
Wear comfortable clothes, and remember to bring a bottle of water.
Cost of HACK classes
This program is free for people referred to our mental health service by their GP or self-referred. If you are not a client of our mental health service, the cost is $20 per session. Want to help someone in need? Pay $30 a session and support someone experiencing financial difficulties to attend for free.
Book your class now
Book online here
Boab Health Services: 20 Hamersley St, Broome.
For any queries about this program, contact our facilitator Michelle Chirgwin on:
T: 9192 7888