The Kimberley region is Western Australia’s most northern region. The region is vast (424,517 km2), and about three times the size of England, twice the size of Victoria, or just slightly smaller than California.
Working in the Kimberley
With a population of around 34,000 people, Aboriginal people make up approximately 40% of the population, although in remote communities Aboriginal people make up a much higher proportion (Census 2016). About 84% of the land in the Kimberley region is determined native title land^. There are approximately 28 different Aboriginal language groups in the Kimberley*
Internationally recognised for its unique and dramatic landscape, the region includes spectacular waterfalls, rivers, gorges and beaches, and an astounding variety of wildlife. Attractions include world heritage listed Purnululu National Park and Mitchell Falls, the spectacular El Questro Wilderness Park and Broome’s Cable Beach.
Characterised by its distinct wet and dry seasons, the Kimberley experiences a sub-tropical climate. May to October is the dry season, and November to April is the wet season.
Why work for us?
Boab Health Services is a well-respected not-for-profit Primary Health Care Organisation servicing the Kimberley region. Our employees enjoy many benefits including a supportive team environment, autonomy in the role, and excellent professional development opportunities to maintain their currency of practice and professional standing. Our head office is located in Broome and our East Kimberley office is located in Kununurra.
- Competitive salary with the ability to salary sacrifice
- Additional salary sacrifice provisions for living in remote areas
- Six weeks annual leave with an option to purchase up to an additional week per annum
- Generous Professional Development allocation of $4,000.00 per annum (pro-rata)
- Five (5) to six (6) days of professional development leave (location dependent) per annum
- Access to two (2) wellness days
- Access to flexible working arrangements
- Access to $300 per annum towards work life balance (pro-rata)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for employees and their families
- Free annual flu and other vaccinations
- Access to first aid, cultural awareness and 4WD training as needed
- Paid monthly external Supervision for Mental Health Professionals
- Work environment accredited to gold standard Healthy Workplace
- Workplace certified to ISO 9001:2015 quality management standards
- An opportunity to explore the astonishing Kimberley region